You need your water heater to work to get you through your daily life. Imagine having to take cold showers all the time. Or imagine the impact a lack of hot water could have on keeping your home clean. You could try to get some hot water by building a fire in the backyard to heat it up, but we all know that would take a large amount of time … not to mention be incredibly dangerous.
Don’t run the risk of being without a water heater that can truly do its job. If your water heater is having trouble, reach out to the team at The Sunny Plumber Phoenix to get your water heater the help it needs.
What’s Going on With My Water Heater?
How can you tell that something is wrong with your water heater in Phoenix? There are several different warning signs that you will want to be on the alert for. These can let you know whether your water heater needs professional repairs or if it needs to be replaced.
Schedule water heater repairs if…
- Your water heater has started to make some odd noises: When you use your water heater next, take a listen to the noises it makes. Does it sound like it usually does? Or has it started to make strange sounds like crackling, rumbling, or popping? Strange noises may be an indicator the system needs to be flushed.
- The water fluctuates in temperature or only lasts a few minutes: You are supposed to have a steady reliable flow of hot water from your system. If it struggles to provide that and can’t keep the same temperature throughout a 10-minute timespan, it may be a sign of a problem.
- You are noticing signs of a leak in the pipes or connections to the water heater: Leaks are never a good thing. A leak in your water heater’s pipes or connection points can reduce water pressure and drive up energy bills. Check for signs of a leak around the system regularly.
Schedule a replacement for your water heater if:
- There is a leak in the tank: Leaks aren’t always a death sentence for a system. However, if there is a leak in the body of the tank itself, it means the system needs to be replaced.
- Your water heater is just plain old: Your water heater may have lived out its lifespan if you’ve had it between 15 to 20 years. These systems lose their effectiveness and efficiency the older they get.
- The system doesn’t provide any hot water: Your water heater has one job and that is to provide a reliable supply of hot water. If that isn’t happening anymore despite regular maintenance and repairs, it is likely that it needs to retire.
Does it sound like you need repairs or a replacement for your water heater? Even if you aren’t sure, but you can tell something is off with this system, you can come to us. Our team is ready to diagnose the issue and provide the best solution possible.
Bright and Shiny and won’t show our Hiney! Contact The Sunny Plumber Phoenix to get started.