It is no myth that drain cleaning in Phoenix is an important service in your home. Like a lot of home maintenance services, though, there is a lot of inaccurate or exaggerated information out there. It can be difficult to sift through this information on your own, and we understand how important it is for you and the condition of your home to have the right information. Here are some examples of common drain cleaning myths that should help you get a better grasp of the situation. If you have any further questions contact The Sunny Plumber.
- Chemical Cleaners will Destroy Your Pipes: Let’s start off with a myth that actually has some truth to it. While chemical cleaners are a very popular method of clearing your drains, they can in fact do some damage to your pipes. When used infrequently they won’t eat through your pipes, necessarily, but if you own a home and will be there for some time you should understand the potential for damage with repeated use of harsh chemical cleaners over the years.
- Clogged Drains are a DIY Project: You may not directly damage your pipes as you attempt to clear them, but they will likely be blocked much more frequently if you insist on cleaning them yourself. A professional is always better equipped and prepared to handle any plumbing service.
- Garbage Disposals can Dispose of Anything: If you think this is true, you won’t for long. Make sure that you study the literature that came with your garbage disposal. If you put the wrong items in there you’ll be calling a plumber before long.
- All Liquids can Go Down the Drain: The tricky part of this one is that not all liquids stay in liquid form. No grease or fats should ever be put down the drain. They are liquids when they’re hot, but when they cool off they can coagulate and lead to blockages.
- Snaking a Drain will Clear it Out Every Time: When a nonprofessional snakes a drain they may think they cleared the clog. A drain snake is very easy to force through a clog, though, and you may simply puncture it, leaving much of the clog behind to build up again before long.
Hopefully this information will be of use to you. If you have any questions about drain cleaning, just call our Phoenix plumbers. Contact The Sunny Plumber, we have the answers you need to keep your drains operating properly.