Your water heater is a vital part of your home. Imagine trying to go a week without this system—it would be an uncomfortable week, to say the least. Having a working water heater in your home is important. Having the best water heater to meet your needs is even more important.
We want you to be able to consider all the options available to you when choosing a water heater—and we aren’t talking about the brand. What we are referring to is that you can choose a tank or tankless water heater based on your needs.
Let’s see if a tankless water heater is the right match for your home.
How Tankless Water Heaters Do Their Job
Many people are used to having a water heater that uses a tank to get the job done, so the idea of a system that is “tankless” may feel strange. We promise that it is still an effective and efficient system! The tankless water heater works as follows:
- You turn on a hot water tap.
- Your tankless water heater kicks into gear and starts to pull water to heat up.
- Water goes through the tankless system where it is heated and then delivered to you.
See? It isn’t all that complicated, just a little different. And it comes with some great perks too.
3 Reasons a Tankless Water Heater Can Be a Great Option
Tankless water heaters in Phoenix can be an excellent fit for many homes around Phoenix. Here are some reasons to consider one for your home:
- They use less water. We live in an area that isn’t exactly known for getting a lot of rain, so any chance of saving water is a good one. Tankless water heaters only pull in water when they are in use, meaning they use gallons less than a storage tank system does.
- No standby heat loss. When you use a tank system it has to hold gallons of water and keep it all heated for extended periods of time, which uses extra energy due to standby heat loss. With a tankless system, however, this won’t be an issue since they only heat water when it is required.
- Less energy and less space used. Tankless water heaters are all about savings! They use less energy overall (remember the fact that they don’t suffer from standby heat loss) but they also take up less space too. That means you won’t have to worry about finding the space for a larger system with a tankless unit.
Is This System for You?
Tankless systems are great sources for your hot water needs. But they may not be the best fit for everyone. If you have heavier hot water demands, a tankless water heater may not be able to keep up as well. But if you only have a few people in the home, this can be a great fit!
Considering going tankless? Talk to a pro to see if it is the right fit for you. Contact The Sunny Plumber Phoenix. Bright and Shiny and won’t show our Hiney.